About Wilson's Roofing
In 1954, Ed Wilson decided to expand his already successful siding and eavestroughing business to include residential roofing as well, and thus, Wilson’s Roofing was formed. With the help of his son, Steve, the business began to grow as a trusted name in roofing throughout the Durham Region.
Today, Wilson’s Roofing stands as one of the longest serving roofing specialists in the area, with over 20 employees and more than 19,500 satisfied customers. With over 3 generations of service, our family owned and operated business remains focused on our foundations of honesty, hard work and integrity.
1954 – Wilson’s Roofing was founded
Today – Wilson’s continues to be Durham Region’s most trusted roofing company
Our 10 Year Guarantee
From the time that our business formed in 1954, we have offered a 10-year guarantee on our workmanship for all re-roofing projects. If you experience any issues with your roof during that time frame, we will respond immediately and free of charge.
And even after our 10-year guarantee has expired, we are glad to assist you with any applicable manufacturer warranties.
At Wilson’s Roofing, we have stood behind our work for over 50 years and have built a trusting relationship with our customers, which is why we continue to receive compliments and word-of-mouth recommendations.
At Wilson’s Roofing, protecting your property is paramount. We follow the below process to ensure that no damage is done to your property.
- Identify potential safety hazards for the customer or tenant.
- Identify damageable property that may be damaged during the project (ex. hot tub, swimming pool, interlocking brick, air conditioner, vehicles etc.
Set Up: Protecting Your Home:
- Protect damageable property with the use of tarping, fencing, plywood, caution tape etc.
Set Up: Jobsite Safety:
- Workers follow procedures and laws set out in Occupational Health and Safety Act and possess up-to-date Working at Heights Training.
- Safely and efficiently remove and dispose of old shingles.
- Damaged or rotten wood inspected and replaced if necessary.
Ice Shield & Underlayment:
- Apply a peel and stick applied membrane to help to limit leaks that may result from ice damming or back-up. This is typically applied to the bottom 3 feet of the roof deck as well as valleys, low-pitch areas and areas where multiple roof faces converge.
- Install desired shingles with manufacturer extended warranty and Wilson’s exclusive workmanship guarantee.
Flashing & Venting:
- Expertly install and/or repair existing flashing and venting to ensure a clean finished looking roof.
Thorough Clean Up:
- Thoroughly inspect job site for debris and nails using a magnetic broom
- Clean eaves troughs to ensure proper water flow.
- Return any patio furniture and other damageable property that may have been moved during preparation to protect your property.
- Wilson’s Roofing assumes responsibility for any damaged property.
At Wilson’s Roofing, we look to meet your needs by installing shingles from any manufacturer, no matter the style or colour. The shingles that we install most often are manufactured in Canada by IKO and BP.
No matter what your roofing selection may be, most brands will feature a pro-rated manufacturer’s warranty ranging from 25 to 50 years.
Skylight and Sun Tunnel Installation
If you are looking to increase the natural light within your home, skylights and sun tunnels can be an excellent option. At Wilson’s Roofing, we are proud to be a certified installer of Velux® Skylights, which are known for their performance and durability.
Health & Safety
There are many hazards involved with roofing, and for a homeowner it is important to understand that if you have uninsured individuals working on your roof and there is an accident, you are liable!
At Wilson’s Roofing, we make sure that our team is as safe as possible. All of our employees are fully insured and trained in Fall Arrest and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMIS). Each foreman has completed the mandatory safety course for supervision in the construction industry, and they hold an EMS Standard First Aid and Level C CPR certification as well.
At Wilson’s, we want to make this process as easy as possible for you, that’s why we accept many forms of payment:
- American Express
Ready to get started? Give us a call and we will be happy to help you through the process!